主题

帖子

1万

金币

大家网博士生

积分

BEC V

发表于 2011-9-15 09:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Woman: Hey Dan. How did the appraisal go?
女:嘿,丹。评估进展的怎么样?
Man: Oh, it was pretty good thanks. Carol- she’s my line manager-seemed to know me better than I knew myself, and she really helped me to identify strengths and weaknesses I didn’t know I had. I’d thought we were just going to talk about practical things, like what my prospects are for promotion, rather than my psychology!
男:哦,还不错,谢谢。卡罗-她是我的部门经理,似乎比我自己还要了解我,而且她真正的帮助我去鉴别自己不并不知道的实力和弱点。我本想我们只是谈论一些实际的事情。比如关于我晋升的前景,而不是我的心理。
Woman: Do you want a promotion? I thought you’d chosen to go down a grade when you took this job.
女:你希望得到晋升么?我想当你接受这份工作的时候你选择降了一级的吧。
Man: That’s right. I used to manage a sales team. It meant working long hours, and it could be pretty difficult at times, though on the whole I enjoyed the challenge. But it kept me at a distance from customers and I wanted to go back to that. So here I am, a sales rep again. I’d be interested in promotion if it didn’t stop me doing the fun parts of the job.
男:是的。我过去管理一个销售团队。这就意味了长时间的工作,而且有时候会经历一些困难,虽然从整体来看我喜欢挑战。但是这让我与客户之间产生了距离而且我想回到他们中间。这儿就是了。做回一个销售代表,我不排斥升职如果它不会阻止我做感兴趣的事情。
Woman: How have people reacted to your taking a step down?
女:同事们对你的降职怎么看?
Man: Most of the people in my last company found it strange, but in fact a couple of them thought about changing to this company too, though it didn’t come to anything. There seems to be a rumor going around that I’ll be looking for something better soon, but actually I’m pretty happy here.
男:我之前的公司大多数同事觉得这件事情很奇怪,但是实际上他们中有一些人也考虑跳槽到这家公司,虽然他们并没有谈起任何事。似乎有一个谣传关于我不久就会另谋高就,但是实际上我在这儿很开心。
Woman: You certainly seem to be good at the job
女:你看起来确实很擅长这份工作。
Man: To be honest, with all the new insurance products coming out it isn’t easy to keep up with them all. I have to struggle to remember everything that’s available. At least working with a computer comes fairly natural to me, so that saves time.
男:说实话,随着所有新的保险产品的出现,赶上他们很不容易。我不得不努力记住每件事情。还好使用电脑对我来说驾轻就熟,因此节省了很多时间。
Woman: I’m glad I don’t have to deal with customers the way you do. I haven’t got the patience.
女:很高兴我不用像你那样应付客户,我很没有耐心。
Man: You certainly need that sometimes, when someone spends ages making up their mind, but I don’t find it a problem. And I don’t mind explaining complicated policies in simple language: it’s quite a challenge. But there are some people I’d much rather avoid.
Unfortunately in this job, you’ve got to make everyone feel you really enjoy their company.
男:你确实有时候需要耐心,当某人花时间做决定,但是我没发现它是个问题。而且我不介意用简单的语言解释复杂的政策:这是一个挑战。但是有些人,我宁愿回避。遗憾的是,在这个岗位上,你得让大家觉得你真的喜欢他们的公司。
Woman: Quite frankly, the less I have to do with them the better!
女:非常坦白。最好是跟他们打交道越少越好。
Man: I tell you what though- in my appraisal I suggested some changes to the way I work. I couldn’t persuade Carol to let me work fewer evenings and more on Saturdays, but at least I won’t have to come into the office every day: she’s letting me work from home instead. And that’ll mean I’ll waste less time travelling, so I should be able to make more commission, which will be a relief, as the basic salary’s so low.
男:让我告诉你- 虽然在我的评估中我建议有一些关于工作方法的改变。我不能说服卡罗让我周六多工作平时晚上少工作,但是至少我不需要必须每天去办公室。她允许我在家中工作。那意味着我将节省在路上的时间,因此我应该能够挣更多的佣金,这将成为一个宽慰,因为基本工资如此之低。
Woman: Good for you.
女:祝贺你。
Man: We also talked about an idea I have for increasing sakes, which she’ll put to the senior managers. The company’s spending much more on advertising now, so the name’s more recognizable, but I suspect it doesn’t lead directly to more business. Now that sales reps are allowed to travel anywhere in the country, incentives should be offered to existing customers to introduce new ones. It’s the personal contract that counts.
男:我们也谈论了一个为了增加收入的想法,她将提交给高层管理者。公司现在花费了大量费用在广告上,所以我们公司知名度有所提高。但是我对这能否为公司带来更多直接的生意表示怀疑。现在销售代表被允许到各地出差,给那些介绍新客户的老客户以激励。这是起作用的个人的合同。
Woman: So with your management experience, you must be in good position to judge your own line manager. What do you think of her skills?
女:那么根据你的管理经验,你要在一个良好的职位去判断你的直属管理者。你对她的能力有什么看法?
Man: She’ll always make time to listen to anyone in the team who wants to talk to her, and that’s a plus. On the other hand, I’ve never known her to be ready for a meeting, even when she’s called it herself, which isn’t a very good model for the department. And it’s really left up to us to motivate ourselves.
男:团队里任何人想与她谈话,她总是肯花费时间去倾听。这点很加分。另一方面,我从来没看到她为会议做准备,即便她自己召开的会议。这点对部门来说不是一个好榜样,这确实需要我们自我激励。
Woman: Well, I’m pleased your interview seems to have gone well.
女:我很高兴你的会面似乎进展不错。
2014、11-2015、02 单词 单词
回复

使用道具 举报

诚聘英才|移动端|Archiver|版权声明|大家论坛 ( 京ICP备06071611号,京公网安备11010802018363号 )

GMT+8, 2021-9-27 02:06 , Processed in 0.381294 second(s), 26 queries .